Process EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Process Engineers in Laporte, Indiana.
Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com. Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Summary – This position will be responsible for the metallurgical integrity and cost performance of a portfolio of investment cast, super alloy, aerospace and power generation components.
- Develop new, and refine existing, investment casting processes to reduce scrap, rework, and manufacturing costs.
- Support manufacturing in the processing of castings through all operations.
- Work concurrently with customers to design components for castability.
- Maintain customer relationships through joint resolution of issues.
- Maintain and improve casting scrap rates.
- Maintain and improve casting rework rates.
- Improve casting profitability through cost reductions.
- Develop and refine manufacturing work instructions.
- Develop casting processes for new products.
- Assist sales department in quotation of new products.
- Achieve cost targets for development and production castings.
- Establish and achieve milestones for casting development.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- 1 years work experience in an Engineering role (including co-op or internship experience)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification
- Experience working in Investment Casting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization with
- Effective oral and written communication skills
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.