STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Procurement Associates in Melbourne, Florida.
Supports the Shared Services Group by performing procurement transactions and related activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform procurement related activities like; Requests for Quotes, Negotiations, PO issuance, PO research and follow up, follow up ore requests goods and services confirmations, resolve and process discrepancies.
- Gather data, analyze and prepare reports and provide insights into the vendor activity using a multidimensional approach (by vendor, category, and department – volumes, spend, payments, etc.)
- Efficiently use systems and applications to enter, update and retrieve information in order to effectively manage and complete transactions.
- Effectively and efficiently perform routine tasks.
- Working knowledge of relationship databases in connection with procurement and related business process.
- Basic knowledge of procurement fundamentals and techniques.
- Submit confirming purchase order to vendors, monitor and update purchase orders with any changes as necessary in database for processing by accounts payable.
- Coordinate and communicate data related to purchase order and invoice processing with accounts payable, business area and vendors.
- Perform other administrative tasks as requested to support department needs.
- High School diploma.
- 1-4 years of experience with procurement transactions. Industry experience a plus.
- Skills are effective applied in accomplishing all tasks.
- Assignments require basic knowledge of a technical or functional area.
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the functional area takes place.
- Working knowledge of relationship databases in connection with procurement and business process.
- Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work.
- Basic procurement fundamentals and techniques.
- Experience with large ERP software, SAP and Quantum a plus.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate negotiation skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.