STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Procurement Managers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Work for our premier client, who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including; Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2020 & 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the global procurement and supply chain within their responsible groups as it supplies to the company and its divisions. In this role your will serve as a primary interface between suppliers within their commodities groups and have responsibility for managing the company relationship with these suppliers. You will lead, coach and develop team members that are responsible for managing aftermarket part costs, sourcing suppliers and driving process improvements. You will also have the opportunity to develop strategies to grow aftermarket revenue in conjunction with cross functional teams and develop and execute parts branding strategies.
How You Can Make an Impact:
- Lead local or business supply chain management activities that drive operational effectiveness.
- Provide People First leadership through engaging, connecting and developing a high performance purchasing team that maximizes the potential of the supply chain professionals.
- Manage purchasing policies, procedures, and programs with a focus on enhancing organizational value and efficiency.
- Cadence with respective departments regarding procurement activities.
- Develop, lead and execute local/business unit purchasing strategies including Supplier Alignment/PFEP initiatives.
- Lead the execution of purchasing operations.
- Drive modernization and digitization of purchasing operations.
- Lead supplier risk mitigation activities.
- Govern supply chain/purchasing master data and ensure effective and accurate data management practices are in place.
- Establish, measure and report key functional performance metrics.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure effective use of supply chain and operations resources and lead the management of purchasing related overhead to optimize the effectiveness of purchasing and operations in the most lean way possible.
- Develop predictive and advanced analytics methods to assess, manage and mitigate material flow disruption issues, optimize supply chain operations and employ lean purchasing processes.
- Assist in defining new supply chain technology requirements in support of the purchasing processes and drive implementation in partnership with Digital Technology.
- Oversee contract administration for local business unit or segment on established contracts.
- Build open and trusting relationships with employees through Frequent Meaningful Conversations, ensuring individual development plans are in place.
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- 7-plus years of related experience
What Will Help You Stand Out:
- MBA or MS in Business, Engineering or Finance
- Program management experience
- Global Procurement processes
- Cost management / cost structures
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills
- PC skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to influence/motivate others
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.