Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Procurement Managers in Macon, Georgia.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing department, establishing buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team. This is a DIRECT HIRE position that is available immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year.
- Take the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses.
- Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards.
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the company.
- Manages each part of the supply chain to ensure consistent delivery of goods and services while identifying possible obstacles that may affect productivity.
- Assist in developing more effective invoicing and collection processes.
- Developing sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of materials used in the business.
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional vendors
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased and the timeliness of deliveries
- Communicating with management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affecting production.
- Conducting cost analysis and setting benchmarks for improvement.
- Developing risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages.
- Supervising a purchasing team and delegating tasks across departments when necessary.
- Working closely with the company legal department to make sure contracts and terms are favorable.
- Bachelor’s Degree with preference in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- 10+ years of Purchasing/Procurement experience
- Industrial experience preferred
- CPM, CPSM or similar certification preferred
- Proven leadership and managerial experience
- Experience in highly matrix organizations, and a team based approach related to project management and implementation
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.