STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is now hiring Product Engineers in Jacksonville, Florida.
Provide product engineering support for production assembly line and production flights as related to aircraft structures and stress analysis.
- Perform functional analysis for product non-conformities based on design criteria and certification reports of aircraft structural and mechanical systems design issues.
- Assigns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities.
- Evaluate technical dispositions impact on production schedules, safety, quality aspects, documentation and costs/benefits involved.
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering areas involved on non-conformity analysis.
- Substantiate the approval of non-conformities as required and present it for the local authorities.
- Prepare Stress Analysis Reports according to certification regulations.
- Facilitate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of Embraer’s design responsibility.
- Validate supplier’s dispositions for non-conformities in case such supplier is not delegated as MRB.
- Start a design revision process with engineering staff for those cases which the disposition will affect.
- Interchangeability or maintainability of the product.
- Provide engineering support for trouble shootings on production line and production flights.
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems.
- This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline required (Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, or Aeronautical).
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline in an aerospace engineering related field.
- 2-3 years of recent experience in aircraft industries, using FEA techniques (Finite Element Analysis).
- Aircraft operation/maintenance (MCC) or production line experience desired (professional levels).
- Prior MRB authorization preferred; Support in aircraft mechanical systems trouble shooting preferred.
- Proficient with Finite element analysis tools (FEMAP/NASTRAN/PATRAN/NASGRO/MathCAD).
- Professional and Customer focus with good relationship building skills.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced work environment.
- Role takes leadership skills for applying new processes and introducing skills to multiple teams.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company products (e.g., analyzing and troubleshooting aircraft systems problems).
- Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures.
- Understands governing regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
- Able to apply a complete understanding of computer aided design tools and systems (e.g. Computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM); computer aided three dimensional interactive (CATIA, Mentor Graphics, Unigraphics).
- Skills to build and manipulate data sets, (e.g., compare CATIA to measurement data).
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly).
- Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics).
- Portuguese or Spanish language ability a plus.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.