Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Production Coordinators in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Processes and moves production and other materials into and out of storage, production and other locations to support the flow of production following standard work instructions.
- Monitors work in process.
- Communicates status of parts and materials using automated systems and manual reporting methods to insure parts availability.
- Identifies and solves problems or discrepancies of limited scope with parts and materials using established procedures or processes.
- Coordinates with various functions to set priorities, expedite and complete production activities to avoid schedule delays.
- Works under general supervision.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- More than 1 year of experience in the materials planning or inventory control process role in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 35 pounds frequently within an 8 hour shift.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb and descend stairs, bend and lift items, package materials and unload materials from containers frequently throughout the shift
- Experience using all the following Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience working in a computer based inventory management system or warehouse management system.
- Experience working on NASA programs.
- Experience in supply chain concepts and best-practices.
- Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
- Shift expectations: Candidates must be willing to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Work schedule: Full time
- Starting on May 16th, all candidates must be available and willing to work these shifts:
- Sunday – Wed: 5:30am-4pm
- Wed – Sat: 5:30am-4pm
- Sunday – Wed: 3:30pm-2am
- Wed – Sat: 3:30pm-2am
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.