STS Technical Services
Right now, ARAUCO is hiring Production Laborers in Grayling, Michigan!
Working for Arauco
We respect people and we value each and everyone’s contribution. By working as a team, we move forward faster and elevate everyone’s voice and enthusiasm to create a better business. We also recognize our shortcomings and ask for help when we need to.
At Arauco, we live and work by our guiding principles.
- Safety – We put safety first – always.
- Commitment – We work with passion.
- Excellence and Innovation – We want to be better.
- Teamwork – Together we are more.
- Focus on the Customer – Our customer’s success ensures our success.
In doing so, we:
- We hire and retain high quality individuals who embrace our culture.
- We train, grow, and support our teammates.
- We empower team members and expect them to run and improve the business.
- We work together to identify areas of possible improvement.
- We ask for and embrace help from across the company to solve these problems.
- We ask for and provide feedback for the purpose of growth and open communication.
- We share and utilize what we learn with our teammates, partners and other company operations.
- We give back to the communities in which we live and work.
- We acknowledge and celebrate when we have success.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive Wages – entry level wages begin at $17.43/hour with opportunity to grow to over $22.00/hour over the course of time based on skill levels and experiences gained within the mill.
- Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance. We also offer 401k with employer matching, gain sharing / profit sharing, short term disability, optional long-term disability, and tuition assistance.
- Production schedule runs in 12 hour rotating shifts (days/nights).
- Workdays vary each week, with a monthly schedule of 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off (rotate between days and nights every two weeks).
We believe in allowing employees the opportunity to learn the business. As a production operator, you can expect to rotate through these areas of Production and Logistics:
- Milling and Drying – where we work with our raw materials
- Forming and Pressing – where we make the board
- Finishing – where we size and finish the board
- Lamination – where we apply decorative lamination to the board
- Shipping – where we warehouse and load the board
Experience and Qualifications:
- Most operator positions run our process with human machine interface (HMI). This means that the operator is controlling machinery through automated computer programs. The operator communicates with the machine through a computerized control panel. Prior experience using HMI technology is beneficial and a preferred skill.
- We are a 24/7 operation and expect our teams to work autonomously. This requires individuals to be self-motivated and possess excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Production operators will complete daily rounds for all equipment in the area and will complete preventative maintenance. They will check the condition of all equipment in the area to ensure optimum performance.
- Successful candidates do not require prior particle board manufacturing experience; however, 1-2 years of light industrial production experience is preferred. Candidates must have a minimum of 1-2 years of full-time work experience in an environment that requires independent decision-making skills, a strong work ethic, on-the-spot problem solving, feedback and communication. Candidates must also possess a demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Associates degree is a plus.
- Strong computer skills are desired. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel are an asset. All team members are expected to utilize a computer as a regular part of their job responsibilities.
We believe in hiring high quality individuals who align with our company culture which is why we stand behind our four-step hiring process which includes a phone screen, computerized aptitude assessment, behavioral assessment, and a panel interview.
What Other Employees Have To Say…
Listen to this local radio station interview featuring recently hired employees to learn more about what to expect from a career with the Arauco Grayling Particle Board team.