STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO – a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced wood products for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, ARAUCO manufactures and distributes the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where they are located. As a result, we are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of the team at ARAUCO!
Right now, ARAUCO is hiring Production Managers in Grayling, Michigan!
Production Managers will be responsible for the safety, quality and operational metrics of the production lines, lamination, and shipping to achieve maximum profitability in a Brand New State of the Art Particleboard Mill 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for the overall Organizational Structure and staffing levels of production including the green end, hot end, finishing end and lamination
- Participate in the development and execution of annual plans
- Ensure the facility is operating in a safe environment and all employees are aligned with working safely
- Focus on Vision of Continuous improvement in all parts of the business: People, Costs, Production, Safety, Environment, Quality, Image, and Customer Satisfaction
- Responsible for delivering against key metrics that drive business results
- Frontline leaders in production report to this role
- Overall responsibility of communication through the operations teams
- Assist Mill Manager and HR in identifying and training viable candidates in succession planning and personal development
- Provide information and act according to the direction of the Mill Manager in the communication of plant performance and reporting (e.g., Weekly and Monthly Reports, Key Drivers Meetings, etc.)
- Work close with Regional Sales Team in product development, scheduled volume versus operating posture (including mix by production line) and customer issue/complaint resolution
- Co-owns uptime improvement with Maintenance Manager
- Assist in managing product trials
- Support development of Teamwork and Team Designs (High Performance Work System)
- Work closely with the Financial Manager to ensure product costing by production line is accurate and in line with costing models so that accurate data is accessible for potential sales strategy changes
- Ensure the Production Schedules are executed properly with maximum efficiency and the lowest cost possible
Preference Given to Candidates with the Following Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years in an operations manager or similar position required. Preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel and computer application experience
- Data manipulation and interpretation is critical
- Degree in Wood Science, Engineering or Manufacturing preferred
- Strategic Leadership Experience
- Lean or six sigma preferred
- SAP Experience preferred
Seeking Candidates Who Align with ARAUCO’s Business Principles, Which Include:
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action
- Safety is our first priority
- Flexible and committed
- Creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results
- The team must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support
- Is a ‘champion’ of team work and the empowerment of all mill employee
- Sound decision-making abilities
- Strong business acumen
If you have questions, please contact Aynsley.Trudeau@sts-ts.com – Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 39006