Production Managers (Semi Rotary Offset Printing Department)
Production Managers (Semi Rotary Offset Printing Department)STS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Production Managers in Napa, California.
Our client in Napa, California is adding a Direct Hired Production Manager for their Semi-Rotary Offset printing department. The Semi-Rotary Offset Production Manager is responsible for all day-to-day aspects of the printing technology cell within the plant. This is a fast-paced, 24/7 printing manufacturing operation that includes oversight and support of over 15 people and 4 highly complex narrow-web printing machines. The critical focus is to lead people and ensure our best practice priorities of culture, safety, quality, service, etc. are modeled and adhered to in priority order on a daily basis. The ability to constantly reprioritize and ensure targets are met while directly motivating shop floor/printing associates is critical. Internal drive and self-motivation along the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business while taking a data-driven approach are necessary. A full relo package is available to the right candidate.
- Ensure safety is the primary focus for the department. Promotes and practices safety awareness and the proper use of equipment. Run safety meetings.
- 100% Labor and Materials conversion rates
- Works with PS Ops Manager to create and implement department goals and objectives
- Consistent quality & delivery reliability as measured by KPI’s
- Sign-off repeat jobs on press as required.
- Oversees Radius SFDC for the Department and ensures jobs sent to accounting for close are accurate.
- Pre-Production review of new jobs in coordination with Technical Team.
- Supports the concept of Quality at the Source and ensures all production staff views themselves as Quality Managers. Ensures productivity is never gained at the expense of quality.
- Eliminate spoilage through quality
- Creates and sustains a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and business excellence.
- Supports a culture of engaged associates who are empowered to solve problems and participate in CI events, Kaizen, and A-3 teams.
- Promotes and maintains 5S standards for the department in coordination with CI Lead.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing tools from within the organization to drive key performance indicators for TCS equipment.
- Coordinates and communicate with the set-up WTL to ensure all TCS jobs are ready before press time.
- Overall crewing and scheduling of TCS production staff
- Work with and utilize technical leadership as a resource
- Prioritize TCS production schedule. This includes production crewing, vacation, leaves, sick time offs.
- Payroll timesheet accuracy on a weekly basis
- Attend monthly training and development meetings and report out on the development of team members within the TCS technology
- Performance management and reviews
- Problem solving in conjunction with operators
- Updates and reviews relevant communication journals (red books) and other white boards within the TCS workstations to ensure that two-way feedback is real time on downtime issues and conversion rates. Communicates issues to Operations Manager or Technical Development Manager on a real time basis.
- Alert scheduling via email of any issues that may get press off track
- CTV co-ordination with Operations Manager and Technical Development Manager
- Assist in communicating internal press check(s) information to shift leaders and operators
- Interface with other Team Leaders and back up as required.
- Interface and direct TCS specific issues with Shift Supervisors
- Produce Shift reports and follow up on internal complaints for TCS jobs
- Minimum of 5 years of Printing or related Manufacturing experience is required; with proven ability to manage a large department in a 24/7 operations.
- Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Literate in Microsoft Office or the equivalent. Ability to learn business information systems.
- Articulate, clear, persuasive and passionate in the spoken and written word. Make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics.
- Rational, logical, fact-driven decision making. Read and analyze business documents.
- Supervisory Abilities
- Lead, manage and develop others. Relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in an environment that encourages teamwork, participation, creativity, openness, honesty, and mutual respect.
- Upon hire you will have access to a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.