Production Planning Engineers
Production Planning EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Production Planning Engineers in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
We are currently looking for a Production Planning Engineer who will coordinate schedules and inventories to ensure efficient and effective operation within an assigned department or facility.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the implementation and maintenance of scheduling management systems.
- Review and communicate production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Assist to set up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realisation of programme contract requirements.
- Log programme timelines and maintain database of tasks and its status.
- Provide timely schedule reports for programme coordination and reporting purposes.
- Interact with engineering facilities (Hangar and Workshops) as well as support customer and programme requirements in line with the schedule of work and coordination of assignments.
- Interact with programme team and task managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Support, evaluate and maintain schedules for the aircraft production programme, identify developing problem areas, revise schedule as needed and alert appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Analyse the critical path and working constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend alternative scenarios.
- Develop and update weekly short interval schedule in consultation with customer Technical Liaison Engineers.
- Support programme management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Interact with the PMO, Technical Liaison Engineers and Engineering Managers, comparison of worked performed and work planned in support of Earned Value Management (EVM) analysis.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of reporting tools, i.e. Excel, Crystal reports, Business BI, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely proficient with production planning systems.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) SC security clearance.
- 5+ years in the Aerospace/Engineering/Manufacturing/Construction sectors preferred.
- Degree or equivalent in a related field advantageous.
- At least five years of related experience required.
- Project management qualification, APM, Prince 2.
In return you can expect a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, Free Onsite Parking and Death in Service benefit.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.