Production Planning Managers
Production Planning ManagersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Production Planning Managers in Dawsonville, Georgia.
Our client in Dawsonville, GA is adding a Direct Hired Production Planning Manager. As the Production Planning Manager you will translate the voice of customer from the sales and customer service functions into the operations functions ensuring on time delivery of customer orders. Facilitates the production scheduling function in all operations of the plant. Interacts with other departments to achieve the company’s core strategies. Daily responsibilities include managing all pre-production functions in order to get the job to and material to press, plant scheduling (press to shipping) managing the shipping department, front end (CSR and order engineers)
- Lead the production scheduling function within the plant. Ensure accurate and timely production schedules are available to all plant functions including plate making, ink room, presses, stretch finishing, shrink finishing, shipping and receiving.
- Publish the press finishing and digital schedule daily to meet customer ship date.
- Plan production to meet the daily required MSI levels in order to achieve OTIF (On Time In Full) target and budgeted production targets.
- Facilitate regular scheduling and production meetings to make sure the production is on schedule and be able to adapt as schedules change due to absenteeism, equipment failure or slow production.
- Report daily production metrics all required audiences internal and external to the plant. These metrics include OTIF, late jobs, MSI, waste, sales and others as developed
- Determine root cause and corrective actions for all missed daily metrics to be able to course correct to achieve month end numbers.
- Make certain all raw material and supplies arrive in time for production without exceeding targeted inventory levels.
- Work with Corporate Logistics to make sure that all scheduled shipments leave on time and are within budget.
- Oversee the shipping department to ensure that all in-coming and out-going shipments are processed according to standard work in Globe-tek and within budget.
- Manage overtime so that it is in line with production needs and the plant budget
- Review and approve weekly timesheets and vacation so employees are paid accurately.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma; two-to-four years related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Operations.
- Printing industry experience is preferred (although not required).
- Experience in being a change agent in complex transformational activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to communicate with others associates, customer and vendors.
- Ability to apply structured problem solving methodologies to determine root cause of problems and provide effective countermeasures.
- Excellent communication skills and computer knowledge
- Upon hire you will have access to a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.