Production Supervisors (Paint)
Production Supervisors (Paint)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Production Supervisors in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Direct and coordinate all activities as they relate to the area assigned. Lead department personnel in a professional manner toward achieving company performance goals for schedules, quality, safety, labor and indirect supplies. Develop effective communications and a positive working relationship with other supervisors, shop employees and the support groups to assure positive teamwork. Strive for continuous improvement in all functions and capacities. Effectively communicate company objectives to all employees. Supervise activity in a professional manner. Always be aware of the production requirements as set by the Production Scheduling Department and achieve the schedule.
- To develop an effective and efficient operations plan for the completion of products for which he/she has accountability utilizing support areas as needed.
- To assist in the selection of, and to perform the function of training, evaluating, motivating, and guiding subordinates to achieve short-and long-range goals of the company, by coaching and using a “Servant Leadership” methodology.
- To assist in the planning of budgets, labor forecasts and capital expenditures for the purpose of short-and long-range production planning for manufacturing operations.
- To manage and operate this area in such a manner as to meet scheduled delivery dates using a minimum amount of work-in-process time.
- Maintain budgeted labor and overtime goals for direct and indirect labor and assist in the review and analysis of labor and product performance as required.
- Ensure that proper safety practices are followed, monitored and enforced.
- Keep current with the latest human resource changes and practices. Particularly as this relates to hiring and training of new personnel.
- Maintain accurate personnel records and assure evaluations are up to date.
- Supervise performance of assistants and develop performance tasks for personal development.
- Ensure that company requirements for employee behavior are followed and to work with his/her managers to assure that corrections are made as needed.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere for customers and assure their needs are met within his/her area.
- Assure an understanding of expectations for all internal and external customers and assure all products made meet these expectations.
- Achieve budgeted requirements for all performance accounts are maintained, and analyze results as required and submit performance data upon request.
- Maintain an atmosphere of continual improvement of productivity, quality, safety, ensuring “Work Place Organization” efforts and good housekeeping practices are incorporated into all operations.
- Establish effective communications and consistent work methods between all shifts and support areas.
- Continue personal growth through classes and/or seminars of interest.
- Assure that all machinery, tools and tooling within the area of control are properly maintained and repaired.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of ISO-9001 standards into manufacturing.
- Ensure all reviews for hourly employees are completed on time and essential feedback is given to them.
- Associate’s Degree in Operations Management or related field or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business, or related field.
- Experience leading Continuous Improvement projects or Kaizen events.
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.