Production SupervisorsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Production Supervisors in Macon, Georgia.
Nichiha USA Inc. is an innovative, highly technical cement fiber manufactory company, with a state-of-the-art production facilities and is an industry leader in fiber cement processing. Nichiha is seeking a working Production Supervisor candidates who is responsible for leading their production team at their Macon, GA facility, based on The Nichiha Way, “Doing the Right Thing, The Right Way, Every time, Resulting in Zero Incidents, It Begins with Safety
- Understand and follow all safety procedures
- Current on all safety trainings
- Wears all required PPE when necessary (steel toe boots, safety glasses, ear plugs)
- Understand nan lead Lock Out Tag Out procedures for assigned areas.
- Perform duties according to OSHA guidelines, policies and procedures
- Complete General Plan Safety Training within the first 8 weeks.
- A hands-on, working Supervisor to lead day-to-day operations of the plant delivering key performance indicators (safety, quality, production and cost).
- Maintain documentation on employee performance and accountability to drive performance.
- Ensure daily and consistent communications and shift meetings.
- Ensure a safe working environment is established and maintained.
- Enforce good housekeeping standards.
- Provide direction to team regarding duties and goals.
- Ensure paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
- Perform work assigned by Production Manager to ensure successful operation.
- Monitors equipment operation to ensure efficiency, safe operation, and strict cleanliness requirements.
- Supervise, lead, coach, train and develop their team.
- Experience working in a control room monitoring all process equipment.
- Be a team player; work well with others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and written procedures.
- Be productive and stay on task with little or no supervision.
- Candidate must have strong verb and written communication skills and be mechanically inclined.
- Ability to develop leadership & management skills to direct daily workforce activities.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of five-year practical experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years as a production supervisor.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and perform various technical and administrative functions; develop alternative solutions to problems; sound decision-making
- Stable work history required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but applicants that meet all other requirements will be considered
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs and to push-pull up to 45lbs.
- Must be able to work long periods while continuously standing, twisting, bending, reaching, and stooping.
- Must be able to go up and down steps and ladders multiple times a day.
- Must be able to work environment which is dusty and noisy.
- Must be able to work in plant environment with extreme seasonal temperatures.
- Holds Self and Others accountable
- Contributes to “The Nichiha Way”
- Shares lessons learned on safety practices
- Demonstrates self-care and mutual-care
- Team Player
- Treats others with respect
- Helps others
- Communicates effectively
- Thinks of team before self
- Self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding of adhering to company policies and procedures (attendance, timekeeping, housekeeping)
- Open to constructive feedback
- Actively seeks ways to develop
Knowledge and Problem Solving:
- Effectively assist in resolving issues using job knowledge and skills
- Able to identify issues and actively seeks to resolve
- Offers pragmatic solutions
- Continuously seeks new and innovative work methods
Imitative and Productivity:
- Understands performance expectations (quality, timeliness)
- Strives to improve efficiency / bottleneck issues
- Adaptive to new ways of improvement
- Questions current status for improvements
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.