STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Production Supervisors in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Why Wacker Neuson?
At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
The Production Supervisor’s primary role is to supervise and direct manufacturing operations. This position utilizes staff and equipment to meet safety, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction goals.
Hours for this position are Monday through Thursday from 4:50am-2:50pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support department initiatives and continuous improvement that align with our company strategy and key performance metrics
- Responsible for problem solving day to day issues and escalating challenges to management in the areas of safety, quality, production, personnel and other resource availability (i.e. technology, financial, physical)
- Responsible for gathering and delivering information in a timely manner while ensuring communication is understood by all direct reports
- Provides constructive feedback to all subordinates and holds employees accountable. May provide feedback to manager for performance reviews
- Leads by example and demonstrates the company’s core values of expertise, passion, agility and entrepreneurship.
- Treats all levels of the organization with respect, honesty, and integrity while supporting diversity, inclusion, compliance, and safety of all employees.
Shop Floor Management:
- Responsible for Level 4 boards, employee position map, and quality and delivery issues
- Directs resources to meet daily production goals
Production Assembly & Projects:
- Utilizes production scheduling tools to direct and maintain daily operations
- Partners with Project Managers on providing oversight on all phases of assigned projects
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments to ensure project specifications are being followed
- Ensures quality standards are being followed and addresses deviations
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Perform line audits for quality, standard work, safety, and basic condition
- Provide training for standard work and matrix updates
- Responsible for One Point Lessons, and I5’s,
- Provide Team Member Support on other CI projects with area of responsibility
- Utilizes company systems to complete organizational tracking and reporting, makes necessary recommendations for improvement to management
- Responsible for ensuring work instructions, process and procedures are being followed as defined by the company
- Address and resolve production issues to minimize downtime of production lines
- Responsible for accurately entering, reviewing, approving and submitting timekeeping for direct reports by defined deadlines
Union Contract Administration:
- Responsible for understanding and administering our collective bargaining agreement
- Provides recommendation for contract changes
- Utilizes management skills to prevent and/or settle conflicts from escalating through the grievance stages
- Provides assistance in support of the safety strategy to reduce work related injuries
- Conducts safety meetings and performs audits to help maintain the goal of zero lost time accidents
- Promotes a safe working environment
- Performs all job functions in a safe manner and maintains safety awareness
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices or conditions to safety manager
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- An Associate’s Degree in a Manufacturing program is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Five (5) years and union contract administration is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.