Program Managers (REQ#27308)
Program Managers (REQ#27308)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Program Managers in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Responsible for implementing and developing environmental processes/strategies across TechOps to mitigate risk and non-compliance conditions
- Maintains a visible presence to the operation performing site visits and engagement with management and frontline on all shifts
- Develops and supports sound strategic policies and procedures that increase awareness for environmental programs and compliance assurance
- Proficient with various databases and systems to maintain records, prepare reports and compose correspondence relative to environmental programs
- Performs worksite assessments and utilizes investigative tools to ensure program effectiveness and compliance assurance in partnership with Corporate Environmental and TechOps
- Drives and influences a safety culture that promotes voluntary reporting and drives a zero non-compliance culture
- Implements environmental programs such as the Environmental Water Programs, Spill Prevention, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Air Programs and Waste and Hazardous Waste Programs
- Responsible for the activities and mitigation plans that contribute to the development of an Environmental Risk Index (ERI).
- Collaborate with Human Factors/Performance team to perform process evaluation in providing input for the development of ERI
- Interfaces with all levels of management across the division and the company
- Interfaces with Corporate Safety, Corporate Environmental, Legal, Corporate Communications, Training, Human Resources and any external business contact necessary to accomplish the roles and responsibilities of the job
- Works with regulatory agencies such as EPA, EPD, OSHA, and FAA to maintain compliance and works with agencies when onsite for inspection of any TechOps facility
- Represents the Environmental Manager in cross divisional meetings as delegated. Practices safety-conscious behavior in all policies and procedures
- This is an Atlanta based position. Areas of responsibility and tasks will be determined by the manager. Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
- Travel may be required
- Periodic shift or weekend work is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental related subject is preferred
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations for the workplace specifically in the areas of RCRA, Clean Water Act, NPDES, Clean Air Act and EPCRA
- Possess a strong level of knowledge of Environmental Management Systems
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in an environmental role is required. 5+ years is preferred.
- Manufacturing or Industrial Work Environment (including aviation) experience in is preferred.
- Nationally recognized professional Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) certification preferred
- A thorough understanding of aircraft systems and processes is desired in order to relate to operational environmental risk and compliance issues, and other processes that may correlate to non-compliance conditions
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities with strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, and communication skills
- Six Sigma or LEAN certification preferred with the ability to develop environmental data for trending and development of mitigation strategies.
- Must possess strong technical writing skills to effectively communicate environmental programs
- Must have good influencing and negotiating skills and ability to deliver key messages in group settings
- Must be able to quickly extract/analyze data, summarize results/conclusions and effectively present findings
- Previous program leadership experience is strongly preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Must be able to work in a time sensitive environment, be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Will be responsible for multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills with recent working experience in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.