STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Program Managers in Lansing, Michigan.
Our ideal candidate will direct and coordinate all assigned facility led production programs, externally and internally funded, by initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing out contracts to budget, on time, and in accordance with customer expectations. Management of product development projects may also be required. Supports bid and proposal efforts as required to secure new business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage complex initiatives involving multiple stakeholders and partner companies.
- Communicate with executive management status of programs and help needed.
- Assure all assigned contracts are executed in accordance with the applicable company processes.
- Manage development projects with a strong emphasis on design maturation towards product solutions that maximize potential for follow-on manufacturing contracts.
- Organize and plan internal and external meetings to assure programs are being executed to plan and that risks are being appropriately addressed.
- Lead the identification and handling plans of technical, schedule, and budget risks associated with successful project execution.
- Develop and maintain action item lists for each program as required.
- Manage subcontracting and purchasing efforts in relation to successful execution of assigned programs.
- Using MS Project or a similar tool, develop and manage project schedules to assure all contract deliverables are on time and meet quality requirements.
- Manage project scope and budget from inception to closure, including scope changes requiring contract modification.
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction on all assigned projects.
- Make critical project decisions that best balance technical performance, schedule performance, and cost.
- Lead preparation of project management contractual data deliverables regarding cost performance, schedule performance, risk, and technical performance.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- At least (3) three years of program management work related experience.
- A minimum of (5) five years working on programs involving manufacturing mechanical systems is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) practices are highly desired.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.