Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Program Managers in Patuxent River, Maryland.
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
This position is responsible for software development, testing, and interface for the newest version of the Real-Time Telemetry Processing System (RTPSV). Work will be performed within the Telemetry Systems Branch of the Atlantic Test Range, Patuxent River, MD.
- Acts as the overall manager and administrator for multiple contract efforts. Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with government program authorities and representatives on program and contract administration issues.
- Management includes Government and Commercial contracts, as well as multiple sub-contractor relationships.
- Supervises program by developing management procedures and controls, planning and directing project execution, and monitoring and reporting progress.
- Manages employment of program resources toward meeting operational objectives.
- Manages and controls financial and administrative aspects of the program with respect to contract requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Government and company policy.
- Supervise and oversee assigned managers. Ensure a qualified workforce is available.
- Direct personnel training efforts where required.
- Resolve conflicts with subcontractors.
- Implement and participate in a Quality Assurance program.
- Personnel management including all day to day work planning, conflict resolution, and administrative duties.
- Must have a minimum of ten years managing complex technical projects as a component of a larger program or five years of managing a large technical program comprised of small projects.
- Experience must include managing all program related tasks to include finance, contracts, and administration.
- Must have a minimum of ten years managing programs that entail software development and five years of managing operations related to installing sensor systems in remote overseas locations with minimal infrastructure, unreliable power, and extreme environmental conditions.
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening and possess a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field from an accredited college is required. A postgraduate degree is desired.
- Substitution of non-engineering bachelor’s degree will only be accepted with 10 years of directly related experience in managing software development related to sensor systems.
- Ability to obtain a US DOD Secret Security clearance, and ability to maintain clearance throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.