STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Project Engineers in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania.
As a Project Engineer within the Engineering Shared Services team, you will be responsible for the development, enhancement, and maintenance of our CAD systems including the CAD integration to the Windchill PLM infrastructure.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining procedures, processes and best practices for the engineering shared services team in the areas of master modeling and engineering BOMs.
- Drive the implementation of process improvements into the management and control of top level BOMs, manufacturing and service BOMs, costed BOMs, 3D printed models, electrical/hydraulic routing, and MRP validation.
- Provide system management, support and enhancement of existing PDM/PLM, CAD, and engineering business applications.
- Enforce and control the use of the Engineering bill of material (eBOM) on products and designs.
- Assist in the identification of new CAD & PLM application technologies and aide in the incorporation into Oshkosh’s systems.
- Create and maintain system documentation, procedures, work instructions and end user training materials.
- Conduct periodic training to new and existing personnel.
- Provide technical support for the CAD & PLM user base. Interface with CAD & PLM software supplier Technical Support.
- Perform or assist with CAD & PLM application upgrades, testing, and evaluations.
- Drive the use of CAD/PLM Best Practices and Standards across the Engineering team.
- Provide feedback to management and other internal departments on product usage problem areas.
- Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success.
- Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- 5-plus years of related experience
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Working knowledge of Creo Parametric 3D CAD system operation & administration
- Experience with PTC Windchill PLM system implementation & administration
- Knowledge and understanding of Engineering Change Control (Change Request/Notice)
- Experience with CAD & PLM license management, installation, and administration
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience with analyzing and documenting business and system processes
- Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical/electrical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.