STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Project Engineers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Work, and 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Responsible for managing the Bill of Materials team and supporting the Engineering Change Notice process. Enforce proper process execution, maintain documentation, identify opportunities for improvement and act as project manager or business stakeholder for those improvement projects.
Position may include the supervision of engineers and designers. Perform high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Communicate project objectives to team members
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
- Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
- Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, quality assurance, research and historical records
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
- Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Provide management/leadership to staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering
- 5-plus years of related experience
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Experience with a high level cad system (CREO 3 or higher, CATIA V5 or higher)
- Experience with Windchill PLM software
- PMP certification
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services places Mechanics, Engineers, veterans and technical professionals into contract and direct hire positions across the U.S. We work with some of the largest corporate names in the country, and we have hundreds of opportunities for you to explore! If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 262-439-7509. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.