Project Group Engineer (Systems Design)
Project Group Engineer (Systems Design)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Project Group Engineer (Systems Design) in Wichita, Kansas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of various mechanical systems and installation ranging from Environmental Control Systems, Flight Controls, and Hydraulics
- Performs activities as required to accomplish objectives as established in the areas such as systems development, systems enhancements, system modeling and integration
- Conduct trade studies and make recommendations to determine feasibility of designing new equipment or modifying existing equipment
- Responsible for researching pertinent data and developing solutions for the project or assignment
- Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing or specialty personnel to resolve problems
- Specific tasks include developing new design solutions for simple to moderate complexity problems based on requirements; supporting the development of product changes and improvements; responding to data/action requests from procurement, manufacturing, tooling, etc.; preparation of engineering change requests and change orders; engineering drawings
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support during fabrication and assembly of components
- Design activity includes systems components
- Participate on technical teams, including execution to cost and schedule requirements
- Support supplier activity
- Support test, validation, qualification, and certification activity, including test plan development, execution, and reports
Education / Experience:
- B.S. or advanced degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs
- Working knowledge of generic CAD design tool processes. Experience in CATIA V5/V6, VPM/Enovia is preferred
- Ability to read and produce drawings using standard industry practices
- Ability to author and review technical documents and reports
- Design knowledge/experience in the fields of airframe design and/or systems design and integration (Flight controls, ECS, Hydraulics)
- Skills in Microsoft Office suite software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of FAA processes, procedures, and regulations preferred
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.