Project Management Office Leader (Remote Work)
Project Management Office Leader (Remote Work)STS Technincal Services
West Star Aviation
STS Technical Services is hiring a Project Management Office Leader for a unique, remote work opportunity.
Hiring Note: This position can be remote work or based in East Alton, IL; Chattanooga, TN; Grand Junction, CO
We are seeking to hire a hands-on Project Management Office (PMO) Leader to contribute to WSA’s strategic goals by leading and setting direction for the PMO that results in strong execution and value delivery of approved projects. This position will be working in close collaboration with WSA’s executive team. West Star Aviation is a leading independent business aviation MRO service provider in North America and proud to have been voted the #1 Preferred MRO for eight consecutive years in Professional Pilot Magazine’s annual PRASE Survey. The Company operates four primary “one-stop” MRO facilities and maintains four additional satellite facilities, serving corporate / private, managed fleet / fractional, government, and other aviation customers. In addition, West Star Aviation provides complete FBO services for transient aircraft at select facilities, as well as AOG/MRT services nationwide. We anticipate further growth in the years ahead driven by the organic growth of our existing operations and further M&A. WSA is a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, a Houston-based private equity firm. Since 1982, The Sterling Group has been partnering with management teams to grow and build winning businesses in the industrial sector.
The PMO Leader will be responsible for delivering certain critical outcomes, including:
- Serve as a liaison between WSA functions, departments, and business units and between the company and the Sterling Group to ensure effective project communication, coordination, prioritization and resourcing.
- Continuously improve the PMO Infrastructure that supports the Strategic Plan
- Track initiative implementation and KPIs to deliver accurate reporting and awareness
- Orchestrate and facilitate reviews and meetings to drive the organization in making decisions on project priority, approval, denial, suspension and removal
- Provide problem-solving and process support to Project Managers/Executive Sponsors for successful execution
- Coordinate the overall value creation program and ensure communication across functions / business units
- Serve as a Liaison
- Build effective relationships with key leaders across the organization
- Understand project interdependencies, anticipate resource constraints, and resolve obstacles
- Facilitate communication across work streams and projects to minimize disruption to the organization of project implementation.
- Own the PMO Infrastructure
- Collect, document and review projects in progress
- Facilitate project prioritization workshop with WSA’s executive team
- Develop integrated and sequenced project plan and get sign-off from senior management
- Own and improve project tracking/monitoring tools and process
- Note: The Sterling Group has a ‘PMO Playbook’ that provides detailed tools, processes, and resources to support PMO Leaders
- Track initiative implementation and KPIs
- Review progress of scorecards and reports
- Escalate issues to the steering committee
- Orchestrate reviews
- Develop calendar of reviews and define agenda based on criticality and progress
- Prepare steering committee leadership for reviews
- Provide problem-solving and process support to the Project Manager/Executive Sponsor
- Support and train the project managers in tools and process
- Assist with review presentations
- Coordinate the overall value creation program
- Ensure communication among units and synergy in problem structuring and solving
- Clearly articulate the project value being delivered across the organization and performance standards and strategies necessary to achieve goals and objectives
- Maintain relationships at all appropriate levels to foster the greatest degree of influence as needed to facilitate cooperation and effective project execution
- Develop, coach and mentor the next generation of value driven project leaders
- Identify issues for future projects
- Other duties may be assigned
- The successful candidate must have the following experiences and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in the field of finance, accounting, business management, operations, or related field. MBA strongly desired
- 6-8 years of experience including PMO leadership related experience or consulting role, working on diverse industry and business projects. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within fast-paced service environments
- Strong detail orientation. Proficiency with Microsoft applications, Asana, Instagannt or other PM tools.
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Experience managing project resources, budgets, deadlines and external-and internal-facing deliverables
- Proven ability to perform and utilize data analytics and develop reporting tools
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to find creative ways to influence others to accomplish objectives in a timely manner
- Must be able to work in cross functional teams to provide the best solution
- Outstanding collaboration and team building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic, organization, and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills at the senior leader level
The personal attributes that will be key to success in this role include:
- Ability to Drive Impact – Inspired to perform well by directly contributing to the success of the project or the organization
- Self-Starter – Inspired to take initiative & proactively identify where and how to support overall value creation slate
- Organizational Savvy – Builds relationships across the organization. Understands the “pulse” of the business and how it is functioning. Facilitates collaboration and connections to ensure successful project completion.
- Innovative – Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.