Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Propulsion Analysts in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Propulsion Analyst will have the opportunity to experience the full lifecycle of the air vehicle and develop solutions for propulsion systems, such as: gas turbine engines, inlets, exhausts, heat exchangers and fire protection systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installed engine performance analysis using 1-D thermodynamic cycle models supplied by engine companies
- 1-D and 3-D analysis of aircraft bays using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and conjugate heat transfer (CHT) tools
- Coordination with other teams to integrate propulsion system performance into air vehicle performance
- Balancing engine inlet and exhaust performance across multiple flight conditions
- Working closely with other teams, participating in design trade studies for air vehicle level optimization
- Supporting component-level and subsystem-level requirement validation through analysis and test
- Support of propulsion system activities throughout flight test
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree
- At least 7 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate and lead activities, prioritize tasks, and report status
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams
- Ability to work effectively within a team utilizing good interpersonal and organization skills
- A self-starter with excellent written, oral, and PC skills.
Preferred Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience with the product development phase
- Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with engine inlet and exhaust designs and support analysis
- Familiarity with the modification and usage of NPSS models, or equivalent
- Familiarity with CFD and CHT tools for the analysis of inlets and exhaust systems
- Familiarity with complex calculations, large dataset processing, and modeling using Microsoft Excel
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.