STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Propulsion Engineers in Wichita, Kansas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform industry research and coordination with Advanced Design Team to assist in the preparation of propulsion system trade studies, functional test procedures, certification reports, and other engineering documents.
- Perform heat transfer analysis and compressible/incompressible fluid flow analysis as required to identify possible propulsion system architectures and expected performance.
- Gain familiarity with FAA regulations and guidance material relating to propulsion certification and integration at the aircraft level.
- Perform lab and aircraft testing of propulsion system components and systems to verify performance and compliance with regulations.
- Initiate and incorporate innovative designs and concepts utilizing CATIA software, aimed at addressing propulsion system requirements on new and in-service aircraft models.
- Develop 3D solid models and drafts of detail parts, assemblies, and installations.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal technical disciplines, such as Manufacturing, Tooling, Structural Integrity, Aero Sciences, Mechanical Systems, and Aircraft Electrical Systems.
- Interface and coordinate with suppliers and customers to resolve new and ongoing aircraft design challenges.
- Peer drawing checking and the release of engineering documents, as well as day-to-day collaboration to resolve design conflicts and interferences.
- Support prototype aircraft assembly, which includes coordination with Experimental Engineering to support design interpretation and occasionally investigate and respond to problems in manufacturability.
- Build prototypes of systems components for testing; set up and run laboratory simulations.
- Assist in the creation of test procedures and coordination of testing.
- Analysis of test results and system math modeling using Excel, MatLab, or dedicated software packages
- Create presentations to convey test results, design issues, or trade study recommendations.
- Support the investigation and response to customer field service issues.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar technical field required. 7-10 years of experience.
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects
- Understanding of 2D & 3D design concepts
- Working knowledge of generic CAD design tool processes
- Ability to read and produce 2D drawings using standard industry practices
- Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in CATIA V5 or V6 is preferred
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.