Propulsion System Engineers
Propulsion System EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Propulsion System Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Propulsion Systems Engineer will have the opportunity to experience the full lifecycle of the air vehicle. This role will be a member of the Propulsion Systems Integrated Product Team, responsible for the design and analysis of gas turbine engines, inlets, exhausts, heat exchangers and fire protection systems.
- Installed engine performance analysis using 1-D thermodynamic cycle models supplied by engine companies
- 1-D and 3-D analysis of aircraft bays using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and conjugate heat transfer (CHT) tools
- Balancing engine inlet and exhaust performance across multiple flight conditions
- Working closely with other teams, participating in design activities for air vehicle level optimization
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships to ensure the on-time delivery of technically acceptable components
- Supporting component-level and subsystem-level requirement development and validation
- Support of propulsion system activities throughout flight test
- Developing component-level and subsystem-level requirements in the CAMEO model-based systems engineering environment
- Developing and reviewing qualification artifacts
- Interfacing with Systems Engineering to integrate Propulsion Systems requirements with the overall air vehicle
- Reviewing and maintaining Propulsion Systems component specifications
- Developing and maintaining the Propulsion Systems schedule and work packages
- Tracking the health of the Propulsion Systems development using earned value project management techniques
- Training team members in requirements development, verification and validation
- Training team members in earned value project management techniques
- Building skills in all areas of the Propulsions Systems team
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree
- Effective communication and ownership of tasks
- Experience developing, verifying and validating Propulsion Systems requirements
- Familiarity with earned value project management techniques
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, suppliers, and team members
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and small team leader
- A self-starter with excellent written, oral, and PC skills
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with the product development phase
- Experience with model-based systems engineering in CAMEO
- Experience writing Propulsion Systems component specifications
- Experience with earned value reporting
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.