STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Pump Mechanics in Appleton, Wisconsin.
At Pierce Manufacturing, we build trucks that protect people and communities around the world. To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials, tankers and rescue units that have no equal. Today, you’ll find more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a difference in people’s lives, every day. To us, every step in the process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
With a Career at Pierce, You Can Expect:
- Competitive Pay – pay based on experience and education, minimum starting rate $18.40 per hour
- 2nd shift premium of $2.00 per hour
- Merit increases at 6 months, 12 months, and then annually
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, 401k plan & company match, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, paid vacation, paid holidays
- Effective after 30 days
- Job Stability
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Competitive Pay & Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Hands-On Approach
- Customer Focus
- Culture for Fostering Teamwork
- Respected Leaders
- People First Culture
- Openings on 2nd shift
- Shift times and overtime hours vary dependent on position, department, and location
- 2nd shift: Monday – Thursday, four 10 hour days, overtime worked at the end of shift and on Friday’s; also have limited positions Tuesday – Friday, four 10 hour days
Summary of Job Description:
The Assembler will be responsible for assembling various components in the manufacture of assemblies/sub-assemblies of various heavy-duty vehicles. As an Assembler, this role has the job knowledge and skills to work in every station proficiently on an assembly line with the ability to troubleshoot various components of a machine.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble parts, wires, hoses, and hydraulics onto products utilizing safe and proper tools and techniques: install various accessories (decals, mud flaps, cameras, lights) including sales changes.
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components; review and utilize all electrical and hydraulic diagrams to preform repairs identified during the troubleshooting process.
- Work across all workstations in assigned job function; assist training new team members on processes and equipment functions.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in compliance with safety procedures, rules, and proper 6S standards; use best practices to follow all safe procedures in assembling and testing of all models/products in assigned job function.
- Assist in driving back defects to the point of origin along with identifying and assisting in implementation of corrective action(s); validate machine(s) configuration is aligned to sales order and properly complete EQC process.
- Operate all units produced in assigned job function.
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge and special equipment required to complete models produced in assigned job function, including but not limited to: all torque tools, DC tools, brake bleeders, AC chargers, and cab testers.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in manufacturing or an evaluated equivalent.
- Understand the use of all tools and requirements for respective stations.
- Ability to effectively train others cross-functionally.
- Ability to proficiently perform tasks with wiring and hydraulics.
Preferred Qualifications to Complete Essential Functions:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Ability to define and assess quality defects within station.
- Understands the training that is needed for each role within respective station.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.