STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO – a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced wood products for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, ARAUCO manufactures and distributes the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where they are located. As a result, we are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of the team at ARAUCO!
ARAUCO is now hiring Purchasing Agents in Grayling, Michigan!
Purchasing Agents will be responsible to efficiently arrange the supply of goods and services required to effectively support a wide range of needs throughout the site(s), with focus on continuous improvement of processes and the use of related tools, reliability of the mill, and sound cost management in all transactions within the guidelines of GAAP and approved Purchasing Policies.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Manages the Inventory Changes with a cross functional approach
- Provides coaching to individuals (Storeroom technicians, Planners, etc.) on expectations relating to Purchasing, Storeroom procedures and Inventory management
- May participate in performance feedback for other staff
- Works with storeroom to ensure adequate inventory levels
- Procuring best value for the business in all goods, services, and transportation transactions
- Ownership of the PO process
- Ensures timely processing and strict accuracy of all transactions including system generated transactions, customer requirements, tax implications, expediting, etc.
- Monitor frequency of purchases and recommend possible options to increase effectiveness of purchasing efforts
- Uses known concepts in recommending and making buying decisions
- Responsible for supplier selection, negotiating, developing & maintaining entrusted supplier relationships, monitoring & managing supplier performance
- Coaches cross-functionally regarding sound purchasing practices
- Perform month end preparation tasks, review and reconciliation
- Support and drive continuous improvement
- Provides internal customers and suppliers with timely and accurate information
- Maintain contractor compliance requirements
- Participate in the development of area SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education in a business field, or minimum of 3+ years’ of experience in a Manufacturing – Purchasing setting, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Holds a Certificate in Purchasing or shows evidence of continued education in the Supply Chain Management field is preferred
- A high degree of problem solving and analytical skills required, embraces a multi-functional approach to addressing problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and manage multiple projects/tasks/priorities with close attention to detail
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) experience
- SAP is a great plus
Seeking Candidates Who Align with ARAUCO’s Business Principles, Which Include:
- Respect is the foundation for communication and action
- Safety is our first priority
- Flexible and committed
- Creating and maintaining a company culture that encourages and rewards honesty, openness, passionate debate
- Individual ownership and empowerment lead to superior team results
- The team must consistently achieve agreed upon results with flexibility and mutual support
- Is a ‘champion’ of team work and the empowerment of all mill employees
- Sound decision-making abilities
- Strong business acumen
If you have questions, please contact Brittany.Kimmitt@sts-ts.com – Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 39009