STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Purchasing Leads in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The Purchasing Lead role is focused on purchasing and supply chain management. The role directly supports global procurement and supply chain functional areas of responsibility. The typical role is responsible for overall organizational purchase order management activity in support of business or segment operations. The position has direct interface and acts as a liaison between suppliers and the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead purchasing and order management activities to drive operational effectiveness.
- Lead supplier performance management activities.
- Lead supplier risk mitigation activities.
- Lead material total cost of ownership reviews and execute cost management action plans.
- Conduct price analytics and update material cost standards and variances in ERP.
- Lead the effective use of supply chain master data.
- Support material/commodity strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Develop pipeline and lead execution of value proposition/cost out projects.
- Execute supplier part warranty strategy.
- Drive supply chain performance through long term supply agreements.
- Lead supplier performance recovery and supplier risk mitigation activities.
- Lead supplier readiness for product launches in coordination with NPD.
- Negotiate and make award decisions for the purchase of goods and services.
- Participate in supply chain optimization initiatives to improve material flow and capture value or reduce waste in supply chain.
- Lead supplier chain optimization initiatives to improve material flow, capture value and/or reduce waste in the supply chain.
- Support strategic sourcing projects as required.
- Develop reports, scorecards and dashboards to communicate and present purchasing management activities.
- Apprenticing, mentoring and training of purchasing organization team members.
- Bachelor’s degree with six (6) or more years of relevant experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain, or a related field.
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.