Purchasing SpecialistsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Purchasing Specialists in Garner, Iowa.
The Purchasing Specialist role supports the purchasing and supply chain department areas of responsibility. It is primarily focused on coordinating purchasing activities. The typical role is responsible for daily coordination and administration of purchase transactions in support of business operations. The position has direct interface with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Process purchase order defers, expedites, cancellations.
- Develop and run reports for unacknowledged orders and past due order management.
- Conduct price analytics and update material cost standards and cost variances in ERP.
- Support supplier business review meetings to review and improve supplier performance.
- Issue RFQs and conduct initial review of supplier responses and execute bid list management activities.
- Execute supplier price changes, review price increase threats and support supplier negotiations.
- Execute supplier readiness for product launches in coordination with NPD.
- Expedite and conduct corrective action process for critical shortage purchasing issues.
- Support supply chain optimization initiatives to improve material flow, capture value or reduce waste in the supply chain.
- Train and mentor purchasing coordinator and associate positions.
- Bachelor’s degree with three (3) or more years of experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or a related field.
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.