STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Purchasing Specialists in Malvern, Arkansas.
Efficiently arrange the supply of goods and services required to effectively support a wide range of needs throughout the site(s), with focus on continuous improvement of processes and the use of related tools, reliability of the mill, and sound cost management in all transactions within the guidelines of GAAP and approved Purchasing Policies
What You Will Do:
- Sourcing of Vendors / Suppliers, negotiation of agreements for MRO parts
- Manages the Inventory Changes with a cross functional approach.
- Managing Storeroom Technicians on purchasing expectations, Storeroom procedures, and Inventory management. Purchasing Agent will ensure performance of storeroom—making sure things are on task, they are performing cycle counts to ensure adequate inventory levels, prioritizing items.
- Procuring best value for the business in all goods, services, and transportation transactions.
- Ownership of the PO process. Ensures timely processing and strict accuracy of all transactions including system generated transactions, customer requirements, tax implications, expediting, etc.
- Monitor frequency of purchases and recommend possible options to increase effectiveness of purchasing efforts
- Purchasing Agent will work closely with Category Managers, and will maintain consistency in agreements, and provide vendor performance feedback to Category Managers to ensure efficiency of suppliers
- Uses known concepts in recommending and making buying decisions.
- Responsible for supplier selection, negotiating, developing & maintaining entrusted supplier relationships, monitoring & managing supplier performance.
- Perform month end preparation tasks, review and reconciliation.
- Support and drive continuous improvement. Support corporate initiatives.
- Provides internal customers and suppliers with timely and accurate information
- Maintain contractor compliance requirements
- Participate in the development of area SOP’s (standard operating procedures)
- Participate in budget process
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a Manufacturing – Purchasing setting, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Holds a Certificate in Purchasing or shows evidence of continued education in the Supply Chain Management field is preferred.
- Ability to supervise 1 – 2 Storeroom Techs
- A high degree of problem solving and analytical skills required, embraces a multi-functional approach to addressing problems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and manage multiple projects/tasks/priorities with close attention to detail
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) experience. SAP is a great plus.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.