Quality Assurance Technicians (Bicycles & EROs)
Quality Assurance Technicians (Bicycles & EROs)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Assurance Technicians in Vacaville, California.
Pacific Cycle Inc. , a division of Dorel Industries Inc., is a global leader in branded consumer products. Pacific Cycle designs, markets, and distributes high-quality bicycles and other recreational products around the world. As the parent company of such legendary brands as Schwinn, Mongoose, and Kid Trax, Pacific Cycle delivers some of the biggest names in outdoor recreation. But it’s not just the names customers trust, it’s the look and feel of our products, our superior quality, and the outstanding customer service that help us bring these premium brands to the hands and feet of our customers. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, one of the top bicycle-friendly cities in the nation, Pacific Cycle has locations in Illinois, California, Georgia, Toronto, Canada, and Shanghai, China. Our culture is as fun and lively as the lifestyle brands we represent where innovative ideas are welcomed, and customer satisfaction is a top priority. Come join our team!!!
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for conducting investigations of reported quality issues and documenting appropriately. This position performs fit, finish, and function testing, distinguishes product from A vs B grade conditions and coordinates the disposition of B-grade products. This position requires the ability to assemble, disassemble, and troubleshoot company products to include bikes, electric ride-on toys, scooters, and other electrical and mechanical tasks related to the QA function.The QA Technician provides timely and effective communication of Quality Assurance activities to the QA Supervisor and partners with the Fulfillment Center management team as needed.
A Few (but not all) of the Major Job Responsibilities:
Inspection/Investigation of Issues:
- Performs inbound product inspection per AQL to ensure compliance.
- Performs New Product Development review of all first PO shipments.
- Conduct and document investigations of reported issues/complaints.
- Conduct verification of corrective actions for reworks and non-conformances from factory inspections and report as needed.
- Issues Quality Notifications for Failed factory inspections in SAP and follows through to resolution with supplier and China Team.
- Maintains production samples from New Product Development inspection for future reference artwork approval (P&A).
- Gathers organizes and reports data on Quality issues to Quality Assurance Supervisor and others as required.
Rework/Disposition of Non-Conforming Materials:
- Assists in the development of work instruction and time studies to estimate costs timeline for completion for reworks/special projects.
- Assists in management of rework/special projects by coordinating setup, training and logistics.
- Maintain work areas to ensure safety and productivity.
- Move inventory into and out of Quality Inspection stock, SLOC 0030, and from Bin to Bin in SAP.
- Assists in the supervision of and time tracking for Temp or Internal Labor.
- Assists in disposal of Non-Conforming Materials and removal from SAP. Coordinates and executes the disposition of parts from reworks/projects including return to vendor or disposal.
Distribution Support and Inventory Management:
- Run daily reports of QI stock in SAP to coordinate inspection sample delivery and ensure on time release from hold.
- Assists the Fulfillment Center with determination of product “grade” of items regardless of source.
- Supports Warranty Part team in verification of product and components.
- Reviews stock and identifies grade and disposition of product in Quality Bins.
- Provide Guidance to Distribution Team on quality criteria and packaging.
- Coordinates scrapping from SAP inventory and product disposal.
- Ensures accuracy of Quality Department controlled inventory.
- Conducts cycle counts and status verification of B-Grade stock.
Customer and Sales Service Support:
- Processes Return Authorizations in SAP as needed.
- Provide general technical support to Customer Service and Sales teams.
- Assist in obtaining parts for the B-Grade warranty process as needed.
- Provide general, technical and logistical support Assembly.
- Provide general assistance to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Reads, understands, uses, and follows standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a clean, orderly work area and promotes safety.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the Fulfillment Center.
- Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Follows internal controls and company policies.
- Contributes to the success of Pacific Cycle Inc. by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
Attention to detail – Effective Performers know small details can be the difference between success and failure. They consistently produce accurate work, reviews their work for errors or inaccuracies. Thoroughly analyzes problems ensuring the root cause is identified & corrective action will correct & prevent recurrence. They consistently provide all relevant info the first time.
Self Management – Effective performers manage their time wisely to prioritize multiple tasks & projects to achieve success. They are highly Motivated to Complete assignments on time. They seek out tasks & help others when their tasks are completed.
Adaptability and flexibility – Effective performers adapt quickly and effectively to changes in process, policy or business need while maintaining a positive attitude about the change. They adjust their working style readily based on the current situation in order to achieve the desired outcome.
Initiative – Effective performers act independently, and continuously look to improve processes. Seeks knowledge and skills to improve their abilities and understanding of the business. Identifies issues and develops corrective actions before reporting to management
Accountability and Dependability – Effective performers have excellent attendance, and take responsibility for their actions, productivity, and quality of work. They are reliable and trustworthy, consistent in quality and quantity of work
Education & Experience Requirements
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- High school diploma, GED or the equivalent required.
- Experience with Windows Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Experience in executing complex projects and processes.
- Capable of multitasking, working with cross-functional teams, and demonstrates a strong customer service mindset.
- Basic knowledge of Warehouse operations, processes, and best practices.
- Ability to work well with varied groups of people and personalities.
- Ability to maintain composure in high-stress situations.
- Works well with little to no direct supervision.
- Bicycle mechanic knowledge/experience.
- Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing/warehouse setting.
- Experience with SAP systems.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.