Quality DirectorsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Directors in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
This position provides leadership and strategy for the enterprise wide Quality organization. This position is responsible for all elements of Quality including establishing and maintaining companywide Quality Management System and ISO 9001/AS9100 compliance. This individual will be responsible for the goals and objectives of quality functions including program quality, supplier quality, and product quality systems. As a key leader of the Quality team, this role will collaborate closely across multiple organizations and provide strategic leadership to instill quality across the enterprise.
- Maintains/develops Quality systems/processes to achieve compliance
- Establishes Quality objectives, metrics, and measures and reports results to senior leadership
- Oversight of suppliers to assure high quality & timely component deliveries. Ensure suppliers quality organizations are prepared and have planned quality resources and systems. Provide onsite support to challenged suppliers when necessary.
- Ensure manufacturing/quality planning processes are in place to assure that the configuration and non-conformance management processes are established.
- Participate in Program activities to identify and quantify quality risk in program plans, influence sourcing strategy to include capable suppliers and to identify risk mitigation strategies to minimize impact of poor supplier quality.
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure appropriate quality requirements for programs are identified and flowed down to suppliers via purchasing documents.
- Coordinate with Integrated Project Team (IPT) Engineer teams to ensure program risk mitigation strategies are executed in conjunction with key program schedule milestones.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Program Management organizations to identify and understand quality issues and work with all stakeholders to sustained Root Cause & Corrective Action.
- Ensure adequate funding is identified for Quality risk mitigation and product validation activities; monitor Quality team activities to ensure consistency with spend plan.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure critical suppliers are identified and the appropriate quality performance feedback is accurate and effectively communicated to the supplier and use data-driven processes to measure supplier quality performance, mitigation of risk and to lead continuous improvement processes.
- Determine team requirements and initiate actions to assure the team acquires required quality resources
- Provide clear guidance and assignments to staff and ensure employees. Create an environment and culture that is characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and build a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (as demonstrated through experience, training and/or testing):
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/AS9100 process
- Demonstrated understanding of defense program / product lifecycles as they apply to quality.
- Experience ensuring proper supplier flow downs
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated customer focus and understanding of how to meet requirements of internal and external customers
- Positive attitude and flexible approach to work
- Ability to work as a contributing member of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with defense contracts and DCMA audits preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in Quality including familiarity with ISO 9001/AS9100 compliance
- Defense industry experience and familiarity with defense contracts and requirements
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background check, employment verification, reference checks and controlled substance testing.
- Experience, education, certification that would be nice to have but are not required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
With or without reasonable accommodations, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Extensive Keyboarding
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.