Quality EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Engineers in Birmingham, Alabama.
The Quality Engineer will ensure that products are designed, built, and produced in accordance with customer specifications and quality requirements. We expect this to be an entry level position with developmental potential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and performs inspections of raw materials and finished products, applying appropriate quality assurance testing models.
- Identifies the root cause of quality problems, and coordinates modifications or other corrective actions.
- Offers technical guidance and support in response to quality testing and analysis.
- Ensures contract compliance by reviewing and approving quality requirements for supplier purchase orders, manufacturing, and other related services.
- Facilitates planning and development of quality control systems for specified products or processes.
- Collaborates with representatives from various functional groups assigned to the product or program including but not limited to design engineering, purchasing, production, manufacturing engineering, and inspection staff.
- Collaborates with teams of engineers and product specialists to ensure customer and division quality requirements are met.
- Reviews design, manufacturing, and testing documentation.
- Responsible for hands-on quality checks including but not limited to CMM/laser scanning, ultrasound, and fixture checks.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR
- Associates degree with related coursework plus a certified quality engineer certificate required.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills and Abilities):
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn the company’s quality control system.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and traverse the facilities.
- Some travel may be required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.