STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Engineers in Columbus, Mississippi.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
Responsible for fulfilling the role of Quality expert; this is a hands-on position. Ensure the quality of the parts produced at meet all customer expectations. Ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards and requirements of customers.
- Develop quality procedures according to customer requirements and/or process specifications
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to receiving of parts/materials and manufacturing processes
- Develop and maintain sampling plans using recognized statistical methods
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; make recommendations
- Monitor, test and inspect products to make certain they meet specified standards
- Review of customer and/or engineering drawings for identification of key characteristics and critical items
- Review and approval of manufacturing orders/route cards. Participate on Change Board and MRB Board as needed
- Partake in FAI’s
- Perform and/or lead internal audits and ensure readiness for external audits
- Perform and/or lead root cause analysis to identify cause and prevent reoccurrence
- Identify Preventive Actions
- Prepare and maintain quality records as needed
- Assist the Quality Manager in implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System
- Identify continual improvement activities and track effectiveness
- Develop training to enhance quality awareness, processes and customer satisfaction
- Manage suppliers’ performance and conduct quality audits
- Support Quality Inspectors ensuring compliance with processes and procedures
- Provide engineering support to operations and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- B.S. in engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience in: analyzing information; reporting research results; promoting process improvements; developing procedures and work instructions; managing processes; manufacturing methods & procedures; CAD, CATIA, Digital Product Definition; configuration management; use of electronic inspection equipment
- Demonstrated mechanical & technical aptitude
- Completion of or equivalent experience with Quality Manual & Procedures course and an inspection course including subjects of Quality Management and inspection principles, test methods, handling of nonconformances, quality audits (per ISO9001/AS9100 standard)
- GD&T familiarity
- Ability to read and interpret 2D and 3D drawings
- Must have eyesight capabilities including color distinction (conforming to QMP 362.40.04 – “Visual Acuity Tests”)
- Preferred: 5-8 years of experience in aerospace structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.