STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Engineers in Macomb, Michigan.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer who will interact to provide expertise between client and their customers, proactively assuring that the customers’ quality needs and expectations are understood and satisfied.
- The acceptable candidate will have strong background in Quality Inspection as well as Engineering background
- Shall be capable of reading and interpreting customer blueprints
- Able to perform inspection of product to the blueprint specifications using standard measuring instruments such as: micrometers, bore gages, optical comparators, surface analyzing equipment, calipers, height gages
- Be responsible for assuring Quality documentation is properly maintained
- Facilitate the investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow-up on corrective actions
- Develop, implement, and audit inspection plans following approved Quality Management systems
- Analyze statistical data and product/process performance
- Provide support in development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of conditions, and process audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability
- Ensure quality goals are met to customer satisfaction
- Responsible for several components of a project or complex components of a larger project
- In-depth knowledge of testing of complex gearboxes and components for the aerospace industry preferred
- Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment; machining and / or assembly
- Proficiency in blueprint interpretation
- Hands-on experience in inspection, strong GD&T knowledge, 1st article
- Skilled in customer interaction
- Problem-solving skills (8D RCCA), PFMEA, control plans
- Experience with AS9100, ISO
- Proven track record of understanding and managing First Article Inspection
- Strong Computer skills to include MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Operational experience and knowledge with New Product Introduction (NPI) process
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.