STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Engineers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
As the Quality Engineer, your primary mission is to continuously improve safety, quality, business, and manufacturing processes with an emphasis on eliminating process waste. By using structured quality improvement tools, you will design new processes and re-engineer existing processes to produce outcomes that meet safety, quality, and business expectations. Process flow diagrams and cycle-time analysis will be required for process improvement projects to substantiate ROIC. Examples of process improvement projects you will lead include inventory accuracy, production throughput, and plant flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support a culture of safety Assist in the identification and implementation of six-sigma projects.
- Lead teams in applying the six sigma DMAIC methodology to eliminate waste.
- Apply the following basic process improvement tools within the six sigma DMAIC improvement model: Project Charter, Process Map, Thought Process Map, Pareto Chart, Trend Chart, Fishbone Diagram, 5-Why Analysis, Histogram, SPC, FMEA, Benchmarking, Brainstorming, 5S, Correlation Analysis, Error-proofing, Cpk, Ppk, Corrective Action Matrix, and Continual Improvement Control Plans.
- Work cross-functionally to design and improve process inputs to reduce common cause variability and eliminate special cause & to gain desired outcome; facilitate and train employee teams in process improvement techniques.
- Establish control plans to prevent process backsliding for consolidation of gains.
- Perform process capability studies internally and externally.
- Analyze process constraints and develop standards to overcome constraints.
- Ability to effectively manage large process improvement projects using MS Project software.
- Investigate/analyze and benchmark industry practices for process validation assessments.
- Implement effective corrective and preventative actions utilizing structured planning methods.
- Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Business, Operations Management, or related field.
- One plus years of related work experience.
- Six sigma certification & CQE or ability to obtain.
- Advanced training/experience in the use of statistical techniques and process improvement methods.
- Must interpret basic technical drawings including characteristics such as views, title blocks, dimensioning, GD&T symbols, etc. Interpret specification requirements in relation to product and process characteristics.
- Experience with PPAP process and ability to create CMM programs and collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing on part dimensional improvements.
- Must have experience with and be able to exhibit the use of structured problem-solving techniques utilizing computer applications.
- MS Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Lotus Notes e-mail, Visio, Statistical software, and JDE experience is preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.