Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Engineers in Whitehall, Michigan.
Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
This Quality Engineer position will be located in our Plant 3, Whitehall Casting Operation and will resolve manufacturing & shipment issues relative to customer specifications. Support the administration of quality manuals, continuous improvement initiatives & interaction with business center personnel on quality initiatives. Root cause analysis & corrective/preventative action determined as appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in an internship or co-op capacity in a manufacturing or lab environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution preferred in the following disciplines: Mechanical, Material Science, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 3 years Quality and/or Engineering experience with strong dimensional and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and requirements and how they relate to business (i.e. AS9100, NADCAP).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Root Cause and Corrective Action analysis and suiting methodology.
- Demonstrated use of structured problem-solving methods (i.e. 8D)
- Experience with APQP and PPAP is desirable.
- ASQ, CQA, and/or CQE preferred.
- Experience in aerospace or automotive.
- Excellent PC skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well in a team environment and commit to continuous improvement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.