STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Quality Inspectors in Bayside, Wisconsin!
Under the supervision of the Quality Engineer or Production Supervisor, the Inspector inspects raw materials and finished products, requiring close tolerances, at various stages of the production process; compiles test data to determine reason for deviation from quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret instructions, GD&T blueprints, work orders, and routing sheets to determine specification requirements
- Modify inspection procedures and techniques as needed
- Determine equipment and tools needed for inspection. Test products for a variety of qualities such as size, dimensions, contour, surface characteristics and gear geometry features. Perform inspection on first piece, in process, purchase parts and finished pieces
- Record test data and prepare inspection reports as necessary
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Route product for additional operations
- Communicate with Shop Supervisor, Engineering, or Quality Engineer on noted deviations of quality
- Set up gages used in tests. Calibrate and maintain gaging devices
- Guide assisting personnel on inspection processes and equipment
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Requires one to three years of trades training or equivalent experience and one to three years of related inspection experience in a machine shop
- Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percent
- Requires the ability to read specifications and gauges; ability to complete standard production documentation
- Requires ability to operator a forklift truck and the ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Thank you for taking the time to view this post. If you’d like to speak to a Recruitment Professional about this or any other job opening we have, please call 1-800-359-4787. We hope to hear from you soon!