Quality InspectorsSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Inspectors in Macon, Georgia.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures
- Current on all safety trainings
- Wear all required PPE when necessary (steel toe boots, safety glasses, ear plugs)
- Understand Lock Out Tag Out procedures for assigned areas.
- Perform duties according to OSHA guidelines, policies and procedures
- Complete General Plan Safety Training within the first 8 weeks
- Inspect paint/color quality and damages/scratches visually by compared with color swatch and previously produced plates within the specification
- Measure thickness, length, width, working width, angle, any spaces of the plate thoroughly to ensure plates are within the specification precisely by using vernier calipers and feeler gauge
- Perform destructive test. Need to utilize cutting machine to make samples (50cm x 40 cm). Physical property and moisture need to be tested and sample needs to be dried before testing flexure fracture load.
- Perform underwater test. Need to utilize cutting machine to make samples (10cm x 10cm). Sample needs to be dried and weighed. Aqua sealed sample is weighed in the water and measure density.
- Perform thickness test by calculating density from measurements and weight
- Perform moisture test by weigh air dried sample, dry sample for 24-hours, weigh insensitive gravity and calculate moisture percentage
- Record all related test results and get approval from Quality Manager
- Preforms other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Certification is a plus Proficient in math, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs and to push-pull up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to work long periods while continuously standing, twisting, bending, reaching, and stooping
- Must be able to work environment which is dusty and noisy
- Must be able to work in plant environment with extreme seasonal temperatures
- Holds Self and Others accountable
- Contributes to “The Nichiha Way”
- Shares lessons learned on safety practices
- Demonstrates self-care and mutual-care
- Team Player
- Treats others with respect
- Helps others
- Communicates effectively
- Thinks of team before self
- Self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding of adhering to company policies and procedures (attendance, timekeeping, housekeeping)
- Open to constructive feedback
- Actively seeks ways to develop
Knowledge and Problem Solving:
- Effectively assist in resolving issues using job knowledge and skills
- Able to identify issues and actively seeks to resolve
- Offers pragmatic solutions
- Continuously seeks new and innovative work methods
Imitative and Productivity:
- Understands performance expectations (quality, timeliness)
- Strives to improve efficiency / bottleneck issues
- Adaptive to new ways of improvement
- Questions current status for improvements
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.