STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Inspectors in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This role will be responsible for maintaining quality standards by inspecting, approving, and recording the quality of incoming materials. This role will utilize various equipment to verify if materials has the correct quality and safety levels to be incorporated in the final product. The objective of this role is the prevention of poor quality materials from being utilized in our customer’s final product.
After 90 days this position will go direct with the client where you will be offered a premium benefits total package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain incoming raw materials for inspection prior to finished product testing.
- Approve materials through material specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing rework and waste, inputting data into JD Edwards.
- Ensure measurement equipment is operating and calibrating per operating instructions; report equipment repairs as needed.
- Attain quality and organization performance goals by completing and recording results as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment and uphold all safety policies and procedures.
- Broadening knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- One (1) or more years of experience in quality inspection or a related area.
- An ability to drive a forklift
- Proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
Why Should I Apply?
- Work Schedule – Mon – Fri 7:00a – 3:30pm
- Work in a clean and organized facility
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits offered
- Highly competitive wage for the area
- Physical Demands: Frequent Standing, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Manual Dexterity; Occasional Walking/Running, Reaching, Bending/Kneeling, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion, Lifting/Carrying up to 35lbs., and Pushing/Pulling up to 50lbs.; Seldom Sitting, Driving.
- Non-Physical Demands: Frequent Analysis/Reasoning; Occasional Communication/Interpretation, Math/Mental Computation, Reading, Sustained Mental Activity (i.e., auditing, problem solving, grant writing, composing reports, etc.), and Writing.
- Environmental Demands: Occasional Work Alone, Loud Noises; Seldom Task Changes, Tedious/Exacting Work.
- Work Schedule: Routine shift hours. Infrequent overtime, weekend, or shift rotation.
- Demands/Deadlines: Little or no stress created by work, employees, or public.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.