Quality InspectorsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Inspectors in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
Actively seeking a Quality Inspector to check the quality of all products as well as production procedures. You will be a firm advocate of quality in our business. The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential. The goal is to ensure that our products are made of flawless materials with well-functioning equipment that way our customers will enjoy high-quality merchandise so that we can achieve long-term success.
This is a DIRECT HIRE role with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies.
- Approve or reject raw material with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance.
- Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications).
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
- Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with safety standards.
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager.
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department. Actively participates in safety improvement activities.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments. Implementation of Lean foundational blocks of Identification of Waste, 5S, Standard Work, and Visual Management. Participates in Kaizen Events and takes on roles of subject matter expert where appropriate. Participates in value stream map creation and goal setting for the department product lines.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ of inspection experience, preferably working in a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Prior mid-size to heavy-duty truck manufacturing experience preferred.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.