Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Quality Managers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Quality Manager will establish and implement quality procedures, specifications and standards for engineering, procurement, manufacturing and customer service functions within the organization.
This is what you’ll do:
- In collaboration with the senior management team set quality objectives across the organization.
- Help the organization achieve its quality objectives by:
- preparing and completing quality assurance action plans;
- putting standards in place;
- identifying critical control points and preventative measures;
- conducting audits and analyses;
- identifying and resolving problems; and
- implementing improvements.
- Identify and deploy relevant quality tools.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and providing statistical reports and dashboards.
- Establish and maintain controls and documentation procedures.
- Audit quality systems and initiate corrective action as required.
- Develop training for and train employees on quality related practices and system requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree and five to seven years of related experience; or
- Ten to twelve years of progressively responsible related experience; or
- A combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma green or black belt certification a plus
- Experience in a low volume/high complexity manufacturing environment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies and lean manufacturing.
- Leadership qualities that demonstrate an ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning management with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-5 year time span.
- Management style demonstrated in the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution ability at both the strategic and functional level.
- Strong knowledge of computers and associated ERP/MRP systems (programming, migration, etc.)
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general office related software. (Ex: Microsoft Office and/or MRP/ERP System)
- Quality control technicians report directly to this Manager.
- Will also lead cross-functional teams and provide company-wide leadership in quality.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.