STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is now hiring Quality Specialists in Virginia, Minnesota.
Approximately 75% of the new hire’s time will be spent either in the field or in the shop inspecting mechanical and weldments for compliance with the Komatsu Manufacturing Operating Procedures. The remaining time will be spent in the office documentation paperwork and gauge calibrations.
You will be responsible for all quality related processes and aspects for the Iron Range region, this encompasses coverage for approximately $45M-$100M of revenue annually.
- Percentage of Travel: Up to 20%
- Reasons for Travel: Training, Customer Satisfaction Surveys & Auditing Quality Programs in the Iron Range Region
- Most Common Destinations: Customer sites in the Virginia, MN area and Milwaukee, WI (corporate).
- HARD REQUIREMENTS: Certified Weld Inspector specializing on heavy gauge welds (3/32” weld wire), CAD experience (Autocad/solidworks, etc), Prior experieince with managing projects in a repair/mfg environment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach Welders and Mechanics on proper Manufacturing Operating Procedures (MOP).
- Monitoring processes and techniques. Drive for improvements to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Quality Inspections as required. Required signed and documented Deviation (by Regional Management) to anything that does not meet our MOP.
- Provide welding technical assistance directly to Technicians regarding base material preheat, welding consumables, joint details, repair techniques and fabrication methods
- Use the Pre-work inspection to define the works scope. Then, verify work meets our MOP standard.
- Conduct Weld Quality Meetings (Monthly or Bi-Monthly)
- Ensure established MOPs are followed including preheat, weld profile and weld size.
- Prepare and provide technical training relating to welding repairs, techniques, procedures, processes for client regions for the supervisors and welders.
- Ensure equipment (ie. Weld equipment) and gauging is calibrated, documented and accurate.
- Go to the field to discuss quality issues with customers.
- Perform final quality Inspections of components
- Facilitate the quality and corrective actions with components that are out of tolerance and require corrective actions.
- Create quality docs for Weld Department (final inspections, processes, work instructions, etc.)
- Perform NDT Inspections and Reports
- Quality management review with staff and employees as required.
- Document Operational Improvement initiatives and support the annual audits.
Education and Experience:
- Engineering degree (preferred) but could be substituted for several years of experience.
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) specializing on heavy gauge welds (3/32” weld wire)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with Quality Programs such as ISO or Six Sigma
- Detail Oriented
- High Degree of computer literacy, CAD Experience, Engineering Geometric Tolerance experience
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and oral)
- Preferred – Prior experience with managing projects in a component repair/manufacturing environment
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.