Ramp (GSE) Mechanics
Ramp (GSE) MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Ramp (GSE) Mechanics in Chicago, Illinois.
- Handle repairs and maintenance of all ground service handling equipment Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on all machinery
- Set up and install new equipment, modifies, or renovates equipment as directed
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining ramp equipment
- Maintain complete inventory records of machinery, equipment repairs, and service cycle activities
- Operate and drive all types of equipment, motorized and non-motorized
- Perform and show competence in preventative maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment
- Respond to requests for on-call maintenance after hours on all ground support equipment if GSE Manager deems necessary
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required
- Modify and overhaul power plant, drive-train, brake, electric, and hydraulic systems
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired
- Respond to emergency service calls, as well as accidents involving ground support equipment
- Pick up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair
- Complete all maintenance and repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, municipal, state, and federal requirements
- Comply with all federal provincial, municipal, airport authority, and carrier security requirements
- Will retain a motor vehicle driver’s license for both air side/non air side in good standing at all times
- Follow all safety guidelines set out by management
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, report any and all deficiencies to management
- Fuel equipment as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements Will liaison with Ramp management, customers, and staff in a professional manner when needed
- Other duties as assigned
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.