STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Repair Technicians in Madison Heights, Michigan.
Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in the manufacturing plant and office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general repair and preventive maintenance on specialized machines including, but not limited to: punch presses, press brakes, profile burning machines, CNC machining centers, compressors, welders, mobile equipment, lathes, and mills.
- Read and interpret drawings, manuals, and work orders to perform required service: Layout, install, and modify compressed air and hydraulic plumbing for various machines and tooling.
- Diagnose minor problems and repair/replace defective components, controls, and printed circuit boards on malfunctioning equipment such as transformers, motors, conveyors, heating/cooling systems, lighting fixtures, electrical equipment, and automated controls.
- Conduct visual and functional inspections on various types of machinery and equipment.
- Consult with other maintenance team members to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Plan and install the power supply wiring and conduits for 110V & multi-phase/voltage electricity for new machinery and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers (preferred).
- Understand electrical concepts to perform wiring tasks on basic circuits (acceptable).
- Build, repair, and install counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, doors, framework, and trim.
- Perform basic plumbing tasks.
- Safely operate all hand and power tools common to the skills listed such as cutting torch, welders, saws, lathes, mills, etc.
- Work in a safe manner and observe all safety procedures including but not limited to the proper use of the man-lift and fork lift, lock out/tag out, HAZMAT, Personal Protective Equipment,
- Confined Space and electrical safety procedures.
- Initiate purchase orders for needed parts, correctly record daily production data and complete labor cards.
- Follow all company rules, procedures, and policies.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Able to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Able to use measuring devices and interpret drawings, specifications, and manuals.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Receive an acceptable score on the Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment consisting of Western Products employees and outside contractors.
- Required to demonstrate good judgment when performing and planning to perform the specified tasks.
- While the person performing this job will generally work a set 40 hour schedule, the nature of the work makes it necessary for the person to be willing and able to work overtime, to change the working schedule to meet maintenance needs, and to work on call for emergency situations.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school desired.
- Plasma cutting, laser cutting experience, Bystronic laser experience preferred.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting (Allen Bradley) preferred.
- Welding, cutting, brazing and metal fabrication experience.
- Hydraulic components and hydraulic system experience.
- Press brake experience. CNC machine and/or machining center experience.
- Air compressor, pneumatic systems, air dryer, refrigeration system experience, HVAC and ductwork experience.
- HVAC and refrigeration recovery certification a plus.
- Forklift, mobile equipment, scissor lift and articulating lift experience.
- Mobile equipment or mechanic’s experience a plus.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school desired or 2-5 years of experience in related work areas.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- May work outside. May work above or below ground.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.