Resident Quality Engineers
Resident Quality EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Resident Quality Engineers in West Point, Mississippi.
The Resident Quality Engineer ensures the top-notch production and delivery quality of trailers. Reporting to the Resident Quality Manager, this role collaborates with both the Corporate and Partner teams. The main responsibilities include supporting, auditing, and enhancing manufacturing and delivery quality. This role also presents the finished product to the U.S. Government for inspection and sales approval.
- Act as the on-site Resident Quality Engineer.
- Coordinate with teams for successful trailer production.
- Ensure alignment of Quality requirements with the trailer supplier.
- Assist the supplier with Quality planning, AIAG APQP, and best practices for production.
- Aid in achieving Manufacturing Readiness Assessment level, QMS IATF 16949 certification, PPAP, and FPVI.
- Develop a comprehensive Final Inspection Report for each trailer.
- Oversee quality of purchased parts and coordinate on-site containment.
- Support Quality inspectors in final inspection and acceptance.
- Collaborate with the Defense Contract Management Agency for presentation and acceptance of trailers.
- Conduct risk-based audits and issue Corrective Action Requests for non-conformances.
- Champion continuous improvement.
- 5+ years in Quality Engineering, preferably in automotive or defense Final Assembly Plant or similar.
- Experience in Manufacturing Quality Control and Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or a related field in manufacturing.
- Proficient in ISO IATF 16949 and AIAG Automotive Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, and MSA).
- Knowledge in quality control of welding, coating, corrosion prevention, assembly processes, and fastener torque.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or experience is a plus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.