Safety Coordinator / EHS Specialist
Safety Coordinator / EHS SpecialistSTS Technincal Services
- Conduct required environmental and safety audits, analysis and observations
- Conduct and evaluate internal audit and inspection results
- Must communicate effectively to every level of our organization
- Investigate incidents including, property damage and injuries
- Participate in local, state and federal government inspections
- Develop corrective action plans as needed
- Develop and provide environmental and safety training, including new employee training
- Evaluates and provides selection advice on existing or emergent risk management control technologies
- Works with management to facilitate risk management decisions
- Maintains Permit conditions for Title V air operating permit, Stormwater Permit and Macon Water Authority wastewater discharge permit.
- 5 + years of experience have in Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS).
- 5 + years of experience in planning, implements and assesses occupational health and safety programs and processes to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- 3 + years of experience in developing and leads training and instructions.
- Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Able to create and make presentations
- Able to lead small teams
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- May involve extensive walking.
- Non climate controlled facility.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.