Compliance Verification Engineers (Aircraft Structures)
Compliance Verification Engineers (Aircraft Structures)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services (UK) has an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing aircraft repair and modification design organization. As a Structures Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) the successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Design (HDO) & Head of the Office of Airworthiness (HOA) to gain STS Aviation Services CAA P21-J Design Organization Approval (DOA). A successful candidate will work closely with STS Engineering Solutions to deliver dual release certification on aircraft repairs and modifications. The role can be based at either Birmingham or Preston Brook.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) for structural repair and modification under P21-J DOA
- Design Engineer (DE) for interior/ cabin repair and modification under P21-J DOA
- Design Engineer (DE) for structures repairs and modifications under FAA FAR 43 appx. A / DER (8110-3)
- Design and contribute to long term modification programs and potential STC projects
- Undertake projects assigned to by the Head of Design (HDO) & Head of the Office of Airworthiness (HOA)
- Perform technical services support to STS Aviation Services Base, Line and AOG Maintenance operations.
- Liaise between STS Aviation Services and aircraft manufacturers (OEM) such as The Boeing Company, Airbus etc.
- Technical liaison between STS Aviation Services (UK) and STS Engineering Solutions (USA)
- Thorough and methodical approach, showing attention to technical detail.
- Uninfluenced by time and project pressures and maintain an un-compromised position towards safety.
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the company’s DOH, and the referenced procedures and forms.
- General knowledge of the relevant Part-21 requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the airworthiness requirements (e.g. CS) applicable to their scope of authorization.
- Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical knowledge relevant to their scope of authorization.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of being a nominated CVE within an EASA or CAA P21-J DOA
- Detailed working knowledge of the Part 21-J regulation
- Demonstrable experience as a structures design engineer
- Experiences working with Auto-CAD & Solid Works
- Must have right to work within the United Kingdom
- Hold a valid United Kingdom drivers’ license
- Willing to travel globally as required
- The role will require the individual to obtain airside passes for various airports, as well as completing full security vetting (SC)
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.