GSE Semi-Skilled Mechanics (REQ# 33319)
GSE Semi-Skilled Mechanics (REQ# 33319)STS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Semi-Skilled Mechanics in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Ground Maintenance Mechanic works as a semi-skilled mechanic in maintenance of Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Utilizes appropriate tooling, equipment and material to accomplish minor maintenance functions including but not limited to the following: inspections, minor troubleshooting, repairing, removing and replacing components on select Ground Support equipment.
- Assists a Ground Maintenance Technician Lead or a Ground Maintenance Technician on equipment when needed.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience and/or training in an automotive or industrial powered mechanical environment and have a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to industrial powered systems.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and have lived in the US for at least the past 5 years.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including fixed or rotating shifts, both indoors and outdoors, including traveling, overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background check (all information provided will be verified). Any discrepancy will result in immediate disqualification; must also successfully pass a drug and hearing test (audiogram) in addition to successfully passing a background check.
- Must achieve a satisfactory score on entry tests structured to determine ability to perform required tasks.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and apply information found in technical documents and manuals.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority SIDA badge required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.