STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Accountants in Melbourne, Florida.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General accounting functions and analyzing financial transactions across multiple entities and systems.
- Compliance with corporate policies, legal requirements, and tax regulations.
- Participate and execute the month, quarter and year-end close activities including general ledger analysis and reconciliations.
- Plan and execute the annual operating plan including monthly and interim forecasting and variance analysis.
- Assists in preparing entries and updates to the general ledger for posting.
- Oversee reconciliations of accounts and controls surrounding the reconciliations.
- Assists in compiling data for preparation of accounting and audit reports.
- Prepare monthly schedules for financial report packages.
- Develop complex spreadsheet models to analyze and deliver business insights.
- Create and maintain updated work instructions and process documentation.
- Prepare operational reports, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitment and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Present reports and analysis to drive business profitability and process excellence.
- Oversee SOX controls, manage and execute SOX testing procedures.
- B.A. degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- FLSA Exempt, Senior Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Generally 6-10 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline.
- Experience with a large CPA firm preferred.
- Manufacturing and inventory experience a plus.
- Experience with large ERP software, SAP and Quantum a plus.
- Comprehension, understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Role requires application of advanced skills attained via greater years of experience towards solving complex issues and problems.
- May act as Project Representative from immediate group they are assigned to in the resolution of problems/issues encountered across multiple functions which require a coordinated response.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support large transformational projects driving excellence through process improvement.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage information at different levels.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Effective conflict and change management.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize numerous critical tasks.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.