STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Accountants in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Build your career with a leading global manufacturer of high quality construction equipment and compact construction machines. Enjoy the excitement of working for an organization that serves multiple industries, including construction, landscaping, agriculture, and architecture, as well as municipal bodies in applications such as roadbuilding, rail transport and recycling.
At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Accountant, your primary role is to assist the Accounting Manager in ensuring that the accounting functions comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other reporting requirements. Your position contributes to successful and timely month-end and year-end closings by maintaining SAP data quality and account reconciliations throughout the month.
Month/Quarter/Year End Requirements:
- Prepare monthly journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts, and develop reports with accompanying analysis to management.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the external monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for the timely upload of the monthly results to the parent company’s reporting system and ensures accuracy.
- Ensure financial reports comply with IFRS and parent company requirements.
- Responsible for the calculation and billing of I/C charges to the affiliates.
- Complete quarterly and year-end audit schedules for the external auditors.
- Prepare the financial statements for the auditors.
- Provide year-end reporting packages required by the parent company.
- Prepare census and other governmental reporting.
- Monitor inventory counting processes to ensure compliance with IFRS requirements.
- Maintain the chart of accounts in ERP system.
- Maintain and test accounting relevant master data in SAP
- Ensure proper maintenance of fixed asset record keeping.
- Coordinate the annual fixed asset inventory.
- Support analysis of capital requests including potential cost savings.
- Support Accounting Manager in completion of all tasks necessary for the Quarterly Forecast and Annual Budget.
Tax & Hedge Responsibilities:
- Assist in corporate tax filings.
- Assist in monthly preparation of tax provision and deferred tax calculation.
- Complete hedge and final tax effects of hedge contracts.
- Participate in special projects as assigned including accounting and financial analysis for strategic corporate initiatives.
- Drive automation and other critical projects within the department.
- Participate in cross-functional or global teams as assigned by management.
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or CPA/CMA is preferred but can be substituted with relevant experience in accounting
- Take initiative to understand other roles within the group and be willing to support the team in critical times of need
- Proficient computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- SAP, IBP, BPC, BW, Analysis Software/Add-ins would be a plus
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.